Saturday, May 1, 2010

There Is No Future But The One We Make


I have been walking two roads. Or a road with a fork in it, where I have sat at the cross roads and hedged my bets about which road to take...the one with more security and where I go to grad school next January? I can't seem to know what's good for me, because every time I go toward OT school, I end up with a gut wrenching anxiety about the whole thing. The other is the road I want to take- the one that looks like I'm heading up a mountain without a sherpa. What can I say, that road makes me light up when I talk about it...the one where I figure out how to write for a living. I'm starting.

When Jonathan Coulton, one of my favorite musicians, decided to become a musician he was challenged to write and publish a song a week. Now, I don't know if writing a story a week will produce something good ( I might end up with 52 Mr. Fancy Pants before he got the Zen Drum), but I think it will definitely build out my portfolio and build my writing muscles which have atrophied in the past two years where I haven't written one original thing on my own in ages. I've been writing on the IK team and working with a friend on a cheesy romance novel. Both projects are going well, but I need to do something, something that's mine, something to shake off the fog in my brain.

Booyah.

No comments:

Post a Comment